Are you unable to log into the TikTok app or the website in any way? Do you continue to receive messages like the “Too many attempts? Try again in a few days.” Error message? In this case, you’ve come to the right advice for you!
There is no doubt that TikTok is among the most well-known social networking apps available. Therefore, if your TikTok account is not working or has been deleted, it could be a disappointment not being able to take advantage of the latest trends.
For certain users, TikTok has even become an option for career advancement and a way to earn money. This is why it’s a problem when content creators are barred from the TikTok accounts. For many, TikTok is used to alleviate stress by watching humorous videos of a short length and other things.
We should not forget all the dance lessons that we are in love with and addicted to!
In the end, your account might be blocked or unable to sign in for various reasons. So, we looked at some of the reasons, along with solutions that will allow you to recover your TikTok account so that you can continue enjoying your feed!
Types of TikTok Login Errors
Before diving into the specific solutions, we’ll review the various kinds of login problems that TikTok users are likely to face:
- The first thing to note is that after being locked out of TikTok and attempting to log in, users are likely to be greeted with an unspecific “Couldn’t log in” error message.
- When you attempt to log in again to the TikTok platform, it could also incorrectly identify you as a spammer or bot. Therefore during the next 5 hours or less, you might continue to receive “Too numerous attempts. Please try again after.” Error message while trying to sign into TikTok.
- Another frequent error message that users receive is the “Incorrect account or password” error. This is usually because of incorrectly input login credentials, therefore we recommend double-checking the credentials to be sure.
- In addition, some users have reported receiving a “Time out. Try another time” Error message. This could be a temporary glitch that has occurred with your session on the TikTok application. Therefore, we suggest trying to refresh your session, either by restarting the app or your device.
- Specific TikTok login errors may be more indicative of the reason. For instance, the next “There is a small problem with the server, fixing it now.” error. Therefore, you can understand that there’s an ongoing issue on the part of TikTok that is preventing users from logging in. We recommend investigating if there are issues with the server by checking the TikTok server’s status.
- Another reason why you aren’t able to log into TikTok is when your account is blocked or disabled. It could also be locked. If this is the scenario, you might get the message below when trying to log in.
- So, we suggest contacting TikTok support to help identify the issue and correct any issues with your account, in particular in the problem that you’ve been flagged incorrectly.
- In the future, it is a real pain when the “Login Failure” error appears each time you attempt to log into the TikTok Account. All in all, prominent content creators on TikTok have reported that they often experience these problems when they sign in to the accounts on their TikTok accounts.
- Did you come upon a similar issue when you logged in to TikTok? Do not hesitate to discuss your experience at the bottom of the post!
Be aware that the steps in this guide are applicable to the device you’re using to sign in to TikTok. TikTok web site or app, for instance, iOS, Android, or web browsers that run on macOS and Windows.
11 Practical Solutions to Fix When You Can’t LogIn to TikTok
#1. Log In to the TikTok Website Using QR Code
If you’re having trouble logging in to this TikTok website, there is a different way for you to sign in. Numerous users have discovered this method to be a fantastic alternative or temporary solution when the usual method of logging into TikTok doesn’t work.
To get this done, go to the TikTok website, click the Login option and then select the QR code option. After that, you’ll be presented with an QR code as well as an outline of steps that will guide users through this entire procedure which is done via the TikTok application on your smartphone.
Simply put, Open the TikTok app on your smartphone and then go to the Discover tab. Select the Scan icon on the upper-right and then take a picture of your QR code.
#2. Reset Your TikTok Account Password
If the problem isn’t due to a misspelled username or password, it could be that you’ve simply lost your password. It’s not surprising that you are unable to remember your TikTok password in the current society of many social media platforms as well as subscription services.
In this case, you can reset your password following these steps. These methods are applicable equally to Android or iOS devices:
Forgot the TikTok account password while you’re logged in
Step 1. The first step is to access your profile and tap Me.
Step 2. Next Tap … which is located in the upper right-hand corner.
Step 3. Next, tap Manage Account and Password.
Step 4. Then you have completed the steps, follow the directions to reset your password.
Change your TikTok account password if you’re not logged into
Step 1. First, tap Sign up.
Step 2. Next, click Log into at the top of this page.
Step 3. Next, select Use phone / email / username.
Step 4. Next, you must select Email or Username.
Step 5. Here, tap “Forgot password?”.
Step 6. In the final step, select reset your password using your phone number or email. Follow the next steps that include getting the confirmation code by SMS or email.
Notification: Users who signed up to TikTok through a different Social Media account are required to change their password for that platform or network.
#3. Try Logging In Using a Different Method
On your TikTok account login screen, find that there are several methods to log in to your account. Other than the usual method to enter the username and password for your account, You can try other options like user accounts on social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) or your number.
Particularly if you first established your account on other platforms, like the one you use for your Google, Apple, or Facebook account, you might only login using that specific option.
Additionally, imagine that you’ve linked your TikTok account to your cell phone number or a social media account. This will come in useful when you need to remember the password to your account.
To do this go to your settings Manage Account, then Settings, then choose the Phone number or Link Account.
If you prefer on your profile page, click Edit your profile. On the next page, you will choose which social media sites to connect with (Instagram, YouTube, Twitter).
#4. Recover Your TikTok Account
This is a possibility to think about if you’ve lost access to your TikTok account, particularly in the event that you do not want to change your password. It’s basically using either your Phone number, email address, or an additional linked account to prove your identity in order for you to login once more.
Method 1: Using Your Linked Email or Phone Number
Step 1. Then, on the page for Sign-Up, choose”question mark” on the top right to open the Help menu.
Step 2. After that, choose Step 2. Select the Logging On option.
Step 3. You can retrieve your account by using your phone number, username, email, or connected account. Select the desired tab, type in your credentials, then click Next.
After that, follow the screen instructions to gain the access you have to your account.
Method 2: Contacting TikTok Support (Without an Email or Phone Number)
Imagine that you’re unable to recall the email you used, or you’ve never linked to a number prior. What happens?
In this case, a second method to get your account back is to contact TikTok support via the Feedback Form. We suggest that you eliminate your old chats with Messenger (Step) to access this form, or else you can go to their Feedback Form page on their website by clicking here. From there, you’ll be able to tell TikTok that you’re unable to access the site and you’ve lost access to your phone and email addresses.
After you’ve completed your form to TikTok, you’ll need to wait for a couple of days to receive a reply from TikTok. If everything goes according to plan, TikTok will send you an email with the instructions needed to retrieve your account.
#5 Verify Your Login Information
Although this procedure may appear obvious, it’s quite common for mistakes to happen through accident or by chance. It’s not surprising that this is one of the most common causes of this “Incorrect account or password” error message.
It’s, therefore, crucial to double-check that you’ve completed your password and username properly before attempting any technical fix.
So, when you type in or log in to your TikTok account’s username, password, or user name, bear in mind these things in your head:
Take out your “@” symbol from your username.
While TikTok usernames begin with the @ symbol, however, you don’t have to write it out when you enter your username. Instead, you can type in your username with no symbol for alias (@) when you log into your account.
Be aware of CapsLock or any other space
If you continue, you might have written an error in the space or even left the CapsLock on while entering your password. Therefore, prior to entering your password, ensure that you are aware of these two things. This is particularly problematic, considering your password is hidden while you type it out to protect yourself.
So it’s recommended to first type the password and then copy it in the box for passwords.
Make sure that your Username isn’t misspelled.
The most important step is to ensure there aren’t any spelling mistakes or mistakes in your username or password. Because this is one of the most frequently made mistakes that individuals make, it’s crucial to keep an eye on your password by double-checking that everything you’ve written is accurate and correct. Remember this: TikTok passwords are case-sensitive, and be sure to avoid using CapsLock.
If this is not the case for you, don’t be concerned. There are still many solutions that could be the solution!
#6 Update Your Web Browser
Additionally, If you’re using Messenger in your browser, it’s essential to keep the browser update. This is because an updated browser will avoid issues while loading and interpreting web pages. Additionally, an updated web browser can protect your data and device from malware.
To do that, follow these steps to update your browser:
For Google Chrome
- For starters, open Chrome on your device.
- Next, take a look at the More icon in the upper right corner.
- Then, you should check if there are any updates that are pending. When an update appears to be in the process of being released, it will appear colored. The color shows how long it has been since the update has been available.
- Then, if an upgrade is available, simply click the More icon.
- After that, you can click to update Google Chrome. If you don’t see this option, your browser is not up-to-date.
For Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox
- Start by opening the browser for the web.
- Click on “main menu” in the upper right corner.
- Then, choose Help (Firefox) as well as Help and Feedback (Edge).
- Then, click on About Mozilla Firefox or About Microsoft Edge.
- The browser will check for updates and download any updates that are available.
- After the browsers have been updated, make sure to relaunch your browser to enable the new settings.
For Safari (macOS)
- To upgrade your Safari web browser for macOS, it is necessary to ensure you’re running up-to-date macOS updates. Therefore, the most recent version of macOS will also contain the most current version of Safari.
- When the browsers have been updated, make sure to restart your browser in order to enable the new settings.
#7 Clear YouTube’s Data Cache and Cookies
Based on the device or application you use, YouTube will store some information on your device, which is also known as browser caches, site caches, or cookies. There are many reasons that make it a good idea to use YouTube to create these. YouTube platform to make these kinds of caches — for instance they can reduce the speed of loading their website and to track the preferences of users.
However, as the stored data accumulate and accumulate, they could cause problems with the program’s users are using. In these situations, we suggest manually clearing the cached data since it’s an easy and simple fix to try out. Additionally, clearing the caches of data and cookies can free up storage space!
Be aware that this doesn’t apply to iOS devices since there’s no method of clearing the app’s cached information for the iOS device.
For Safari (macOS)
- To begin, once Safari is installed From the Menu Bar, click Safari and then select “Preferences …”
- In the next window, select Advanced from the upper bar, and then tick that box beside “Show Develop menu in a bar“.
- In the next step, in the menu bar, select Develop, then choose empty caches.
- Then, you’ll be able to clean your history of searches as well as additional site Data or Cookies. To do this, go to the Menu Bar Click Safari, and then select “Clear History.”
- Then make sure to Click Clear History at the following window.
For Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- Then, click the padlock icon located on the left side of the URL.
- Then, select Cookies.
- In the pop-up menu, choose youtube.com and then click the Remove button.
- In the end, repeat steps 2 and 3 to www.youtube.com.
For Mozilla Firefox
- To begin, click on the padlock icon located on the left side of the URL.
- Select Clear Cookies and Site Data.
- Then, click the Remove button if you are asked to do so.
- If you’re using YouTube, the YouTube application for Android, you can delete the cache of cached files with only one click in the Settings:
- Then, you must open the Settings app, then select Apps & Notifications App Management, Apps, or Apps.
- Then, choose YouTube from the available applications.
- In the next step, look for the Clear Cache option on this App Info page. It is usually found under Storage Usage.
- Then, just tap the Clear Cache button to remove all cached information. After that, you may choose an option to Clear Storage option.
#8 Reinstall the TikTok App
This is yet another simple and useful tip that can simplify your life simpler and help you make it easier to get your TikTok application functioning again! The process is pretty straightforward.
The basic idea is to uninstall the TikTok application from your phone completely. Then installing and download a new version of the app from the native app store.
This could be the most suitable option for you, especially given that the TikTok application can occasionally be insecure. It could be due to corrupted application files or an issue with the installation, which causes login problems.
In spite of the simplicity of this solution, it might be exactly the thing you’ve been searching for!
However, the procedure to install TikTok will be the same regardless of which smartphone you’re using.
First, remove the TikTok application, either by long-pressing to select the menu or via Settings.
Select Uninstall or Remove the app.
You can then reboot your device or go directly into your App Store or Play Store to download the TikTok application.
After the installation is completed after which you can launch the TikTok application and attempt to sign in to your account in order to try the app. We’ve got one alternative that could be the right one for you!
#9 Reboot Your Device
It is an easy and simple way to let system resources go. You may be wondering where the system resources are since TikTok isn’t functioning properly. If you don’t frequently restart your device, tasks could be running in the background when your device has been operating for a considerable period of time.
The background processes in these instances will unintentionally take up resources on your system. In the end, it is necessary to ensure there are enough resources on your system to allow the TikTok application to function properly.
The two Android or iOS phones can both be restarted by following the steps listed in the following:
- To start, press while holding the Power button until you’ve reached a “Slide to Power Off” option on the screen.
- Drag down the slide to your left till the display on either your iPhone or iPad becomes black.
- Take for at least 10 seconds after switching off the iPhone after pressing and holding the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Wait until your device is able to boot before you attempt to login into the TikTok account to determine if the TikTok login issue has been resolved.
- First, locate first, locate the Power switch on the device.
- Hold down your power button till you see the Power Options menu on the screen.
- Then after that, click the Restart button, and then wait for the screen to completely turn off.
- And finally, make sure you wait for your device to boot fully. This process could take several minutes to complete.
#10 Contact TikTok Support
If you’re still having issues accessing your Tik Tok after trying all the suggestions that we’ve listed above, we recommend contacting TikTok Support. In this way, they’ll be able to offer an individualized solution for your specific situation or device.
- Particularly if you get an error message that states your account was suspended or blocked, TikTok support can help to resolve any account-related problems.
- In addition, many others may also be experiencing similar issues with their logins. Thus, the higher the number of people who complain the faster TikTok recognizes the issue and starts making progress on a solution.
- In that case, you must follow the steps below to report this issue via TikTok Support:
- Then, on the sign-up page click”question marks” on the top-right corner to access the Help menu.
- Once you have done that, simply click on the notepad icon located at the top-right of your screen to access your feedback area.
- Then, click the notepad icon in the top-right to make a new feedback form.
- The next step is to explain the TikTok login issue you’re experiencing briefly. In this section, you’ll need to provide details like specific error messages, the date the problem started or what you’ve tried to fix to resolve the issue, etc. You could even include an image of the error message to give them a better understanding of what’s wrong.
- Then, tap on the Report button.
Once that’s done, the only thing left to do is wait until TikTok support responds to you. It could take several days since they must go through a lot of user complaints. In the meantime, make sure you keep an eye on any replies in your Inbox for any messages.
#11 Check if the Recipient has Blocked You on Messenger
If you’re having problems with this Sent but not delivered problem. However, you are also aware you have a problem with your email. One of the reasons could be that the recipient is blocking your message. Take the two sentences together and put your thoughts down immediately! Before you leap to conclusions and feel emotional We can aid you.
These are indicators to tell whether your friends or family members block you in Messenger. First, you’ll need to start your conversation with the specified person to who you want to talk to. It’s as easy as looking up the name of the person by using the search feature.
In that time you discover that within the conversation, the message box appears to be absent and replaced with “This person is unavailable on Messenger” or “This person is not available right now“. This could indicate that the user has either removed accounts or blocked them on Messenger.
In the same way, some of the usernames of recipients could be changed to Facebook User. This means that they’ve either blocked you or their account was deactivated or removed.
You can also attempt to access the profile of the person. If you’re not able to do so, you’ve been denied access. Otherwise, the account has been removed.
In the end, we’ve given you 11 effective solutions to aid you in solving this TikTok login issue completely and permanently. With this in mind, we hope that you’ll successfully sign in to your TikTok account for the first time!