Are you finding the Amazon Prime Video subtitles to be too small🔎? This guide shows step-by-step how you can make the subtitles or closed captions (cc) on Amazon Prime Video bigger to fit your liking.
You can’t deny that having a clear display of the subtitles is vital to us, the viewers, for an optimal reading speed. With this, despite any audio interruptions, we can seamlessly follow along with the storylines of our beloved shows without having to skip back every 2-minutes⏪.
Surprisingly, there are many complaints from Amazon Prime Video users across forums about this subtitle font size issue. Especially, if you’re in a noisy environment, hard of hearing, or catering to a person of old-age, clear and readable subtitles are essential for an enjoyable viewing experience🍿.
With hard-to-read subtitles, you really have to put in extra effort just to stay on track with your show. Besides, sitting back and streaming your favourite show shouldn’t be a tedious task.
With that said, it isn’t too difficult to adjust the subtitle size. However, you may be lost on where the appropriate controls are to customize the subtitle fonts and display. Therefore, we prepared this guide with steps to change the Amazon Prime Video subtitles size on movies or shows.
Additionally, these steps work whether you’re accessing Amazon Prime Video from a Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad or Android device. Plus, the steps are generally alike if you’re viewing from a Smart TV or using a set-top box like Roku or Firestick.
Find that the subtitle changes aren’t applying? Skip ahead to see the fixes for when your subtitle style isn’t applying in Amazon Prime Video.
Changing the Size of Amazon Prime Video Subtitles on PC
Whether you’re watching Prime Video on your laptop or mirroring to your TV, this is the primary method to enlarge the subtitle size. Hence, we made sure to place this method further up the list. In order to make subtitles configuration, you’ll first need to visit the subtitle settings page from the Amazon Prime website.
To access your Amazon Prime Video Subtitle settings on PC or from the web browser, you can click here to be redirected.
Alternatively, at the Prime Video page, click your profile at the upper-right and select Account & Settings from the drop-down.
Then, select Subtitles from the top bar.
On this page, you can see your presets of the subtitle font styles. For Prime Video, you can only have 3 presets to change. Hence, click Edit to begin customizing the preset.
After that, you can adjust your preferred font size by selecting one of the options next to Size.
Once you’re done personalizing the font style, click Save at the bottom.
To use the preset subtitle style, go to the video you were viewing and click the Subtitles and Audio button at the top-right. Then, click Subtitle Settings, and choose your edited preset at the bottom. You can also set your Subtitles size here as well.
Finally, you can close (X) this little window, and continue watching your show. If all goes well, you should see that the subtitle style is applied with no significant issue.
Changing the Size of Amazon Prime Video Subtitles on iPhone or iPad
You may notice that you cannot configure your subtitles within the Prime Video app when watching a show or movie on your iPhone or iPad. So, during a stream, you can only change the language of the subtitles but not the styles, including font size. That’s because the controls for this are situated within the Settings app.
The following step will help you navigate changing the size of the Prime Video subtitles on your iPhone or iPad:
- Firstly, open the Settings app ⚙️, then scroll down and tap Accessibility.
- Next, under Hearing, tap Subtitles & Captioning.
- After that, turn on Closed Captions + SDH, and select Style.
- On this next page, you can select the ready-made preset subtitle styles with different font styles, sizes and backgrounds. However, you can create your own preset and set your ideal subtitle size. For this, tap “Create New Style…”.
- Subsequently, select Size and choose your desired font size. Enabling Video Override further ensures that the font size is applied in the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Following that, you can set any other subtitle style (i.e. Colour, Background, Opacity) and once you’re done, tap Back, and the changes will be applied.
Now, open up Amazon Prime Video and be sure to check if the subtitles are still too small for you. With the new iOS 14 update, you can view the video in PiP (Picture in Picture) mode. So, you can adjust the subtitle size, while viewing Amazon Prime Video to see the changes take place.
Changing the Size of Amazon Prime Video Subtitles on Android
For Android devices, the steps to configure Amazon Prime Video subtitles are similar like before on iPhone or iPad. These steps are also similar if you’re adjusting Prime Video subtitles on your set-top box📺 (e.g. Roku, Firestick, Android TV, Apple TV). Likewise, you can configure the subtitles in the Accessibility settings of your device.
That being said, the steps may vary depending on your android version or your device model. However, they’re generally like the following:
- From the Settings app⚙️, tap Accessibility.
- After that, select Caption Preference.
- Then, enable Use captions, and from there, you can customize the subtitle’s font style whichever way you like.
- To adjust the font size, tap Text size, and then you can choose your ideal font size.
Once, you’re done customizing your subtitle style, you can just exit the Settings app. Then, you should expect to see the font styles being applied in the Prime Video app.
What if the Subtitle Size Changes are Not Applying on Amazon Prime Video?
If you’re among the unlucky ones, you might notice that the changes you made to the subtitle size using the previous steps weren’t properly registered.
In that case, performing the following general troubleshooting steps can help solve this Prime Video subtitles issue:
- Restarting the Amazon Prime Video app
- Hard Refreshing the Amazon Prime Video web page (For Windows PC and Mac)
- Check for any pending updates for the Amazon Prime Video app
- Sign out and Sign back Into your Amazon Prime Account
- Reinstall the Amazon Prime Video App
The common pattern of these steps is they clear interfering cached files accumulated within the Prime Video app. Plus, by doing these steps, you’re essentially beginning a brand new session with Prime Video. Thus, any subtitles settings configurations you’ve made earlier in your device’s settings will be adequately applied within the app.
To recap, say goodbye👋 to Amazon Prime Video subtitles being too small and ruining your entire viewing experience. With this guide, we set out to show you the methods to adjust the subtitle size for Prime Video movies and shows, regardless of whichever device you’re using.
Lastly, we’d like to hear from you. Do share in the comments:
- Do you find Amazon Prime Video Subtitles too small and hard-to-read🔍?
- Did you face any problems while attempting to change the Prime Video subtitle size?
Feel free to share this post with your buddy who finds Amazon Prime Video subtitles too small😁.