Malwarebytes is an extremely popular software to keep your device free of malware. It’s a light anti-malware program that offers numerous other functions in addition to removing unidentified infections quickly.
It’s the free software however, you can move to the premium edition that comes with additional options, including ransomware protection as well as malicious URL protection, real-time security, and much more.
Malwarebytes engorges your computer with pop-up windows. These pop-ups comprise:
* The trial that was paid for has ended
* Purchase an upgrade
* Protection is turned off
* Malwarebytes Anti-exploits
These premium pop-ups are constantly interrupted and can be irritating when you are working with your gadget. Additionally, these pop-ups typically do not disappear quickly.
How do I stop Malwarebytes ‘ pop-ups?
for Windows PC
If you’re running a Windows PC, here are some solutions that you can apply to stop Malwarebytes pop-ups swiftly.
Fix 1 (Malwarebytes disables notifications)
You can deactivate notifications on Malwarebytes to block annoying pop-ups that keep popping up. Here are the steps you need to follow to take.
1. Open Malware bytes the system you are using.
* Open settings.
* On the tab Applications, change the following settings:
* Turn off the toggle above “Notify me when full version updates are available.”
* This will block the update pop-up.
* Turn off the switch next to Show Malwarebytes notification on the Windows system tray
* This will block the notifications from the system tray.
* Check the switch next to show notifications in the event that real-time protection is turned off.
* This will prevent notifications if the protection settings are turned off.
* This will turn off any notification pop-ups that are received from the computer.
- Fix (Disable Start at the time of startup)
Malwarebytes is set to begin whenever Windows is started by default. This causes the program to begin sending updates from the Start.
You can turn off Malwarebytes’s startup at the beginning of your computer by following these easy steps:
* Launch Task Manager. It is accessible within the WinX menu (press Win + X, or click on Start and right-click)
In the tab Home, search for Malwarebytes.
* Right-click it and choose to disable it.
* This will stop the Malwarebytes anti-malware program from running during startup.
- (opt-out of the premium trial)
Malwarebytes provides a free 30-day trial of its premium version. If it hasn’t been updated to the Premium version after that, it’ll go back to the standard version. After the trial, you will be able to cancel your trial for the premium version instantly.
But using the anti-malware program throughout the trial period will trigger an update alert pop-up. This is the primary reason why the update notifications pop up.
You can opt out for the version with premium features and then start the free version earlier than normal. This way, it doesn’t cause an update to pop up.
To end your trial for a premium price To cancel your trial, follow these steps:
* Start Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes application.
Then, in the right pane, select Settings.
1. Under the Account Details tab, select Disable Premium Trial at the end of the screen.
- Select Yes to receive this message to be displayed:
This will take you off the premium trial and upgrade your program to Malwarebytes for no cost. So, the update pop-up won’t be shown in an unnecessary way.
For Mac devices
You can also deactivate the anti-malware notification in the Mac PC. These are steps to take to alter Malwarebytes pop-up notifications:
* Open System Preferences. It is accessible by clicking on the Apple icon on the menu bar and choosing System Preferences.
* Click Notification
On the page of applications available, select Malwarebytes Agent
* To select the MalwarebytesAgent alert style, choose None.
* This will block all alerts and messages from Malwarebytes on the Mac device.
* Unblock all other notifications in addition.
* You’ll find an array of additional notification options, including notifications on the lock screen, Notification Center, and badge icon icons. You can also turn them off to block other notifications on your phone.
• Close the menu of notifications.
After it is closed, the Malwarebytes notifications disappear completely from your device.
Things to keep in mind
These steps will guide you through the steps to block Malwarebytes pop-ups in Windows or Mac devices. These steps will eliminate any non-essential notifications from the system. But, remember that important notifications could be displayed depending upon the type of threat. It is possible that you will continue to receive these alerts.
Real-time protection block notification of threat Notifications of threats are also required to provide a sense. It doesn’t matter whether the app shows a message when it is dealing with the threat. Notifications from other sources can prove irritating, and we have a straightforward method to turn off notifications.