Sharing your place with your family members and your friends is simple if you have an iPhone. Its Find My iPhone app makes precise and complete, real-time tracking feasible. However, what happens if you’d like to stay off the radar and switch to stealth mode or something like that? How do you stop sharing your information without their knowledge? It is a question you can inquire about. If you’re seeking answers, keep reading. This guide will explain the steps to switch off your location and then disappear from the grid.
How to Use the ‘Find My’ App on iPhone
The iPhone is most likely an extremely powerful smartphones anyone can own today. It’s an extension of a person’s life, both personal as well as professional. Additionally, it comes equipped with the most modern technologies in camera and tracking capabilities. Thus, it provides comprehensive live tracking of the location of an individual by using the ‘Find My application.
Before we get into the various methods on how to keep your location from being shared without your permission, we will go over the steps to use this app first.
- Launch your Settings application on either or off your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap your name and choose to Find Me.
- You can turn to Share My Location if you want to communicate your address with your family members and friends.
- Make sure to tap Search My device, switch the device on and select Find My [deviceTurn on Find My [device].
Sometimes, it’s just nice to be completely alone without anyone else being aware of what you’re doing. A bit of privacy isn’t going to hurt anyone in the least at all. Because of how closely we’re with the rest of the world, you cannot be able to disappear without being noticed by anyone. Disabling your location in your Find My app won’t suffice. It is good to know that there are innovative methods to accomplish this undertaking today. The guide below will teach you how to use the aid of your trusty iPhone and iPad.
#1 Use Airplane Mode
It’s true that the Airplane Mode on your iPhone or iPad isn’t only for the moment you need to take off on a plane. It’s an intelligent feature that blocks all WiFi and cellular networks and prevents anyone from knowing where you are. This is the easiest way to enable this feature:
- Slide your finger down to access your Control Center interface.
- In the list of options in the first option box on the left-hand side Tap an airplane symbol.
- If the airplane icon changes to orange, Airplane Mode has been successfully activated.
Just tap the airplane icon once more when you want to activate all connections and share your address.
#2 Turn Off Precise Location
It’s a low-key fake feature that you can use on the settings of your Apple device. If you want to use the Find My Device app but don’t want anyone else to find your exact location, you can give them an estimate of your location by disabling the same location feature. Here’s how:
- Start the Settings app and scroll down to Privacy.
- Click to open Location Services, then scroll down to Find Me.
- Lastly, disable Precise location.
If this option is turned off, apps will only be able to determine the approximate whereabouts.
#3 Hide Your Location on the Messages App
It can be private sharing your location with a few contacts in the Messages app, but it could be annoying at times. Here’s how you can avoid sharing your location without them being aware via the Messages app:
- Launch the Messages application.
- Choose the thread that has the contact you share places with.
- Click your contact’s name in the middle of the page.
- Then, click on the Info tab to display additional information about the contact.
- At the bottom of the page, click to stop sharing My Location.
- Reconfirm the move by pressing to stop Sharing My Location again.
It’s easy to turn this back on at a later time by following the steps described above. However, you must choose to Share My Location instead.
#4 Disable Your Find My App
Location sharing is the central element of Find My App. Although this feature isn’t as secure as other options we’ve discussed in the past, it is a threat to anyone’s eyes. Here’s how to block sharing your location without having to be aware through Find My Device. Find My device app:
- Launch your Settings app.
- Select your name and tap Find Me.
- Choose to Find My iPhone, then remove Find My iPhone.
- When prompted, when the device asks for your password, make sure you enter the Apple ID password to confirm the operation.
The other options that are available on Find My will be removed. Find My interface will disappear after the feature is turned off.
#5 Disable Location Services App Access
It could be more accessible for people to locate you if your location services to a specific app are shared. Although this can be beneficial, particularly for apps that need to use GPS (e.g., Uber), Disabling this feature could be one of your best bets in case you want to get away from completely for a few days. Here’s how you can disable this feature:
- Open Settings, then scroll down to Privacy.
- Tap on Location Services.
- To begin, click on Share My Location, then disable Share My Location.
- Following, Disable Location Services altogether.
If this option is disabled and all apps aren’t capable of tracking where you are until you turn to turn back the options, you shut off.
Fake Your Location on iPhone/iPad
Some how-to-hide-location-on-iPhone tech experts go for extreme measures like jailbreaking an iPhone to be able to dictate the device to fake their GPS locations. There are also apps that can be downloaded in case you feel it’s not risky to hack your phone. Here are some apps we would recommend:
- Tenorshare iAnyGo
Tenorshare iAnyGo is among the most reliable apps for fake information about his location, without the need to jailbreak their device. Furthermore, the application is simple to use and is able to spoof the location of many apps in the iOS ecosystem, including Pokemon Go and fitness apps. It’s a comprehensive app and can be used on all iOS devices as well as iOS versions. The only issue we can see is that this app isn’t available for free and needs to be purchased on an annual basis. You can also try the trial version for free to determine if it is a good fit for you.
Get The Tenoshare iAnyGo App Here
VPNs are effective tools for disguised locations. It not only connects users to the server that allows you to access content that is not accessible to your area; however, it is also able to cover up your location and disguise it. NordVPN is among the most reliable and secure VPNs on the market at present, and it is the most secure and features you could expect from a VPN service. Of course, location sharing could be spoofed with NordVPN’s services.
There are a variety of ways you can conceal your location by using your iPhone, and I hope this article will help you select the right method. If you enable the airplane mode, you’re effectively blocking your network’s ability to track you. You could also be more inventive by faking your location on the GPS to fool people into thinking that they are tracking you even though they’re not.
There are occasions when you must allow someone to follow your movements. If you’re going on an excursion, for example, it is best to ensure that you know where you are in the event of an emergency. The most important thing is to know the right time to disclose your location and when you shouldn’t.