Finding the right talent in the tech industry is always difficult, and it may surprise you to learn that not even recent changes in the political climate of Eastern Europe have put a damper on Eastern Europe software outsourcing. In fact, Eastern Europe software development outsourcing remains at an all-time high, despite the challenges.
In this article, we examine outsourcing software development Eastern Europe in greater detail.
Eastern Europe Software Outsourcing in a Nutshell
Outsourcing software development to Eastern Europe is easier and more affordable than ever before. After the pandemic, tech teams have become accustomed to working remotely and with teams based in different locations all around the globe. It’s not unusual for IT professionals in large enterprise companies to never even meet the team members that work on the floor above them – distance is no longer an issue in the tech space.
IT Outsourcing in Eastern Europe is popular because the time zone is favorable for many US and Western European companies. Many Eastern Europeans are proficient in languages like German, English, and French, and IT professionals are highly trained and experienced. But the real reason outsourcing companies in Eastern Europe have thrived is because using an outstaffed solution cuts down on developer costs. Developers in countries like Belarus, Ukraine, and Poland charge a third of the rate of a US-based developer with the same degree of experience and expertise.
Companies can outsource an entire project to an offshore team or augment their existing team to bridge skills or resource gaps. This way, they can focus on their business strategies and delegate tech issues to different companies around the globe. Outsourced teams can be scaled up or down as required. If your team has a major project that requires additional attention, non-critical IT issues like maintenance and support can easily be offshored to free up their time.
IT Outsourcing is great for start-ups that struggle with talent acquisition or retention. With limited budgets, a start-up can access senior-level developers with years of experience that they would not be able to afford or attract otherwise.
Benefits of IT Outsourcing to Eastern Europe
It’s not surprising to learn that according to Statistics MRC, the global IT outsourcing market will reach a high of $481 billion this year, growing at a rate of more than 6% per annum. Eastern Europe remains highly popular because many countries have invested heavily in their IT sector and education.
Some of the benefits of IT outsourcing to Eastern Europe include:
- the ability to hire skilled, senior developers at relatively low rates;
- the ability to access well-established modern infrastructure and tools that can reduce your project budget without reducing the quality of the final product;
- the ability to access a wider talent pool. Eastern Europe has some of the most highly-regarded colleges and universities in the world, producing thousands of technical specialists;
- the ability to access the latest technologies. Countries like Ukraine are home to some of the top developers of specialist programming languages and frameworks like Flutter, Vue, and more. Finding skilled developers in the US or UK in those fields is highly challenging;
- the ability to communicate in English. IT outsourcing firms focus on hiring team members that are proficient in English communication. There’s no communication barrier to prevent work from being done or teams from collaborating;
- the ability to operate in a similar time zone. Eastern European countries are nearshore destinations for Western Europe and extremely convenient for many regions in the US to work with as there are favorable time zone overlaps.
When looking for an outsourcing partner, make sure that you pick a company that has the right experience and developers on its books for your specific project. With so many companies outsourcing their IT projects to Eastern Europe, you can afford to be picky. Do your research and make sure that you find the best possible outsourcing firm for your business.
Eastern Europe software outsourcing is not without its challenges, but the benefits make it worth the time invested in your search efforts. If you want to access some of the best developers in the world without paying an arm and a leg for their services, outsourcing to Eastern Europe is the way to go.
Author Bio – Mohd Zaid Mansoori is an SEO enthusiast currently managing a few technology blogs and working as a freelance outreach specialist. In his free time, he likes to read books and play games.