Verizon closed its email service after it bought Yahoo! Verizon purchased Yahoo! Mail in 2017 and shut down its email service. A large number of users who signed up to Yahoo Mail and AOL continue to have their Verizon.net emails. Many users have had issues with the Verizon email services and are now looking for alternative solutions. Let’s look at how to migrate Verizon.net emails to Office 365/ Microsoft 365.
What are the benefits of migrating from Verizon.net email to Office 365
Users can take advantage of cloud-native productivity tools by migrating from Verizon.net into Office 365. These are some of the benefits of migrating to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 from Verizon.net.
- Microsoft 365/ Office 365 offers additional features and services such as Office Online or Microsoft Teams. It is a productivity suite and not a standalone email service.
- It’s a highly accessible solution, protected by Microsoft’s Service Level Agreement (SLA), and enterprise-grade cybersecurity.
- Emails can be accessed from any device. Users don’t need to reconfigure Outlook or other applications in order to access Office 365 email.
- Office 365 is a managed service. Users receive better support, security and frequent updates than Verizon.net email. Verizon.net is no longer supported.
- Exchange Online takes care of all maintenance tasks such as managing server settings and backups.
AOL/Yahoo services are available to users with Verizon.net mailboxes. Moving from Verizon.net into Office 365 requires that the servers be changed from one of the services to Office 365. This is how to migrate from Verizon.net into Office 365.
- Install Outlook on your desktop computer and add Verizon.net email with Yahoo/AOL to it.
- You can do this by updating your Account Settings, Account Name and Server Settings as well as Profile under Account Information on the File menu in Outlook.
- Export email, calendars, contacts and other information from Verizon.net mailboxes onto the local computer as PST file using the Import & Export option from the File menu in Outlook.
- After purchasing the licenses, add the Office 365/ Microsoft 365 account details into Outlook.
- Export the PST files from your local computer to the Exchange Online mailboxes of Office 365.
The above method is effective for individual Verizon.net mailbox migrations to Office 365. However, bulk migrations are not possible with it. These migrations must be done using Microsoft 365 Admin Center or third-party tools.
Apps4Rent can help with Verizon.net to Office 365 Migration
Some web mail Verizon.net users may have migrated to AOL/Yahoo, or other third-party services. Others have opted for Microsoft 365 for Business which Verizon offers alongside its other products. It is best to choose a direct Microsoft tenant in both cases, since users have full control over their accounts. Deep discounts are also available for education and non-profit organizations.
Apps4Rent is a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP and has assisted thousands of businesses to migrate from email services such as Yahoo, AOL Gmail and other services to Office 365/ Microsoft 365. For assistance, contact our Office 365 migration specialists via chat, email, or phone.