Are you troubled why you are not getting Snapchat notifications?
Most applications have notifications that keep you informed about what’s happening within the application. This feature is crucial for social media platforms as well as messaging apps.
Being a social media platform with an integrated messaging function, Snapchat’s notifications are extremely important to the majority of users. But, users are often unhappy that their Snapchat notifications not working.
If you’re one of the users who are reading this article, you should continue,
Most often, Snapchat not sending notifications issue is usually caused by incorrect configurations on your device, however other causes such as unstable servers, corrupted app files, or unstable network connections must also be taken into consideration.
Today, we’ll guide you through the steps in the event that Snapchat Notifications Not Working on your android or iOS device.
Before taking any action, you should try to verify the Snapchat servers first, since they might be offline due to unplanned maintenance or other issues.
How to Fix Not Getting Snapchat Notifications Error – 7 Ways
1. Check Your Notification Settings.
The best way to solve Snapchat not sending notifications is to allow Snapchat to communicate with users It requires the appropriate permissions to access your device even when it’s locked. If you’re not receiving any notifications through Snapchat, it’s likely that your settings for notifications aren’t properly configured.
Steps to fix Snapchat notifications not working on Android
- To begin, first, open Snapchat on the home screen.
- Then, tap the Profile icon and then press your icon for Gear. Tap the icon in order to access the Snapchat settings.
- Lastly, click on Notifications to ensure you have ‘ Enable Notifications Is checked.
Steps to fix Snapchat notifications not working on iPhone
- On the screen at home, tap Snapchat for the app to launch the app.
- After that, click on your Profile button to go back to Snapchat’s main page.
- Next, press then the Gear icon at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then, click Notifications and ensure the Snapchat notifications feature has been activated.
2. Clear App Cache.
One of the best methods to fix why am I not getting Snapchat notifications is to clear their application cache. App caches are temporary files saved locally on your device which allows applications to work faster.
But, the data could be corrupted at any time and cause problems for the application.
- To begin, first, start Snapchat on the device you’re using.
- When you are on Snapchat Tap the Profile icon, which is in the top left corner of your screen.
- Now, tap on the Settings button.
- Then then, scroll down and click on Clear Cache.
- After that, tap the Continue button (Android) (Android) or Clear All (iOS) to remove Snapchat’s cache.
Once you have cleared the cache utilize Snapchat normal to verify whether notifications are working.
3. Enable Background App Refresh.
If you are not receiving Snapchat notifications then background refresh of apps is a function on operating systems that permits apps and programs to check for updates even when they are running within the background. This means that you can get notifications from apps even when they’re closed.
For Android look over the steps below on how to enable background refresh for apps.
- To begin, launch your Settings app on your home screen.
- Tap to open then the account and backup tab to open it.
- After that, click Accounts.
- Enable automatically synchronize personal account data Note that the place and the name of this button might differ according to the device you are using.
For iOS devices you can activate background app refresh by following these steps:
- If you’re using an iOS smartphone Tap in the Settings app to start it.
- Inside Settings, tap on General.
- Next, tap the Background App Refresh button to ensure that it’s enabled.
When you turn to refresh the app’s background and ask your friends to contact you through Snapchat to see whether you’ll get an alert.
4. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Network issues could also be the cause for not receiving Snapchat notifications. Snapchat requires a reliable internet connection in order to get the most recent information on its servers. If you’re not receiving notifications, you can run a speed test with Fast.com on your device.
If your test results indicate that the connection to your router is not functioning properly you can try restarting your router to get the connection to your ISP. For this to be done, locate the power cable of your router disconnect it to the outlet on your wall. Then, you should wait 5-10 minutes before plugging the power cable again.
When you restart your router conduct another speed test and see whether the issue has been resolved. However, if the network is still running slow, you should contact your service provider right away and request that they solve the problem.
5. Reinstall Snapchat.
If not receiving Snapchat notifications as they should on your phone, it’s likely that the application’s installation files were corrupted during an update or in the course of. No matter what the cause the simplest solution for this is to install Snapchat.
For Android, you can follow the instructions below for how to reinstall Snapchat.
- Then, hold and tap Snapchat onto your main screen, until the screen for selecting appears.
- After that, you can tap Uninstall to delete the app from your device.
- Next, go to the Play Store and install Snapchat.
For iOS devices You can reinstall Snapchat by following these steps:
- On the home screen, hold and tap Snapchat until your options screen appears.
- Then, click Uninstall App Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to deinstall Snapchat.
- After that, open your app store and install the app again.
After you have reinstalled Snapchat Ask one of your acquaintances to send you a message to see whether you’ve received an email notification.
If Snapchat notifications aren’t working, scroll down to try the following method.
6. Check Network Permissions.
Another thing to consider is the permissions you have granted to your network. If Snapchat does not have the right permissions to connect to your network then it won’t be in a position to update its data.
On Android you can alter the permissions for your network by following these steps:
- To begin, first, switch on Snapchat on the device you’re using.
- Then, tap your profile icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Then, click on the Settings to open it.
- Within Settings Scroll down towards the Privacy tab and then tap to enable Permissions.
- Also, make sure your Snapchat is permitted to connect to your network.
For iOS users use the following guide to check how you can manage your permissions.
- Start Snapchat on Your device.
- Then, click on then the profile icon on the upper-left edge of your screen.
- Then, press then the settings icon, which is marked with the gear icon.
- Continue scrolling down till you find your tab for Additional Services.
- Next, tap on Manage.
- After that, click Permissions and then permit Snapchat to access your network.
Request a friend to text you and check to see if the messages are working.
7. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
If neither of the solutions mentioned above worked to solve your issue, then try reaching for support from Snapchat’s team.
The problem should be reported to Snapchat and pray that they will offer a solution to your issue immediately. Help their support team, provide important information in your reports, such as the device you’re using and the information about your account.
We are now at the conclusion of your guide to fixing Snapchat notifications that aren’t working. If you have other suggestions to solve the issue, do post them in the comments section. We’d be delighted to grant you credit for your solution when we update the article.
Q. Why are my snapchat notifications not working?
There can be multiple reasons why you are not getting Snapchat notifications. A few reasons are stated below:
- You have changed your notification settings
- You haven’t cleared cache for many weeks off your phone.
- You haven’t enabled background app refresh
- Your internet connection is not stable
Q. How to Get Snapchat Notifications?
7 Easy ways to fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working are explained above.