Two computer-based tests are conducted in the RRB NTPC exam. Both the tests have different patterns as one test has 100 marks, and another has 120 marks. In both the tests, there are three subjects from which a student has to prepare. These three subjects of RRB NTPC are mathematics, general awareness, and general intelligence and reasoning.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern CBT 1
The first computer-based test is 100 marks. In this test, all three subjects from the RRB NTPC syllabus are covered, and there are 100 questions in total that have to be answered. Every question is of one mark. There are 30 mathematics questions, 30 general intelligence and reasoning questions, and 40 general awareness questions, making it 100 questions of one mark each. A student is given 90 minutes to complete the exam.
RRB NTPC CBT 2 Pattern
The second computer-based test is 120 marks. And the total number of questions is 120. The mathematics questions are 35 with one mark each, which makes 35 marks. General intelligence and reasoning also has 35 questions containing one mark each. And general awareness comprises 50 questions of one mark each.
This way, the total is 120, and the time given to students is 90 minutes.
RRB NTPC Syllabus
Check out the RRB NTPC Syllabus below.
RRB NTPC Mathematics Syllabus
The mathematics syllabus covers many topics in the RRB NTPC exam. These topics are mentioned below:
- Simplification: Simplification has around 4 to 5 questions, and these questions are based on BODMAS, fractions, and approximate values.
- Interest: There are one or two questions of simple interest, compound interest, and instalments. There are also one or two mixture problems.
- Percentage: There are two to three percentage-oriented questions that have calculations.
- Ratio and Proportion
Also, there are two to three average-based problems.
- Problems On Ages: There are also these problems in the question paper, and the quantity is one or two.
- Mixture Problems
- Speed, Time, And Distance: One or two questions.
- Algebra: Linear equations in one or two variables
- Profit And Loss: On profit and loss
- Number Series: This includes questions on completing the series and finding the missing term.
- Mensuration: Problems with plane figures such as squares, rectangles, and circles.
- Time And Work: Problems with work efficiency and wages.
RRB NTPC General Intelligence And Reasoning Syllabus
- Classification: There are 0-3 questions under this: numbers, letters, and meaningful word-based questions.
- Analogy: There are general knowledge questions in this.
- Series: Words and letters question.
- Coding And Decoding: The coding and decoding questions are where the student has to code or decode a letter or words.
- Clock And Calendar: Questions based on calendars.
- Blood Relations: Problems with the family tree.
- Direction And Distances: Simple problems can be solved by drawing the information on the answer sheet.
- Word Formation: Using words to form sentences.
RRB NTPC General Awareness Syllabus
This section consists of general awareness topics such as world heritage sites, what is going on in the country in different fields like politics, science, etc.
Preparation Of RRB NTPC
A student can easily prepare for their RRB NTPC exam by BYJU’S Exam Prep. This is one of the best platforms that are available in the country. This platform has good teachers. This platform also provides an interesting learning method so that the students won’t get bored while studying.
BYJU’S Exam Prep also conducts tests to keep track of the preparations done by the students. This way, a student will focus on the area they need to.
This is all the information you require about the RRB NTPC exam syllabus and how students can prepare for their exams.