Are you an iPhone owner? Are you able to tell how old your iPhone actually is? Want to find out the age of your iPhone? This article will help you determine the age of your iPhone. Here are some steps to check the age of your iPhone.
There are many reasons to know the age of your iPhone. You can find out if your iPhone can be exchanged with your older iPhone if you are looking to purchase a new one. You might also want to sell the iPhone or get more information about it.
How do I check how old my iPhone is?
You will need the serial number of the iPhone that you own to check the age. To find the serial number, either take it from the back of the device or go into settings and then menu.
How do I get my iPhone’s serial number?
- Get the serial number before you find the age.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Click on General, then About.
The Serial Number will be displayed there. (Get the number). It is simple to get a serial number. Let’s now check the age of an iPhone by using this number.
There are two methods to determine the iPhone’s age. The Apple support page is the first, while the “Chipmunk”, a free service, is the second.
Method 1: Check Coverage with Apple
You can check the status of your iPhone’s warranty by visiting the Apple support webpage. The Apple Check Coverage website allows you to check the device’s age. This is a subdomain of Apple that allows users to view details about the iPhone. You will need to have a serial number.
Follow these steps to find out the age of your iPhone using Apple Check Coverage.
- First, obtain the serial number of your device.
- Go to the Check Coverage Website.
- Apple Page “Check Coverage”
- It will prompt you to enter your iPhone Serial Number.
- After you have entered the serial number, enter the code shown in the box.
- Click the “Continue” button.
A new page will open once you click on Continue. Here you’ll find all details about your iPhone, including support and warranty periods. You can also see the expiry date of your warranty time. This date will give you the exact age of your iPhone.
Method 2: Make use of the online “Chipmunk” tool
If your iPhone is more than one year old, you won’t be able to see the expiration date. In this case, the Chipmunk tool is available. This free tool allows you to access technical information about your iPhone.
- Open the Chipmunk Tool on your device.
- Enter the Serial Number for your iPhone.
- Next, click on Show More.
- Chipmunk tool
- You will see the exact age of your iPhone on a new page.
- It will display the details of Production week and Production years.
This is how to determine the age of your iPhone. These are the two ways to check the age of your iPhone. We hope you found this article helpful.